Home   Animated films

Madagascar part 2 spaces in Connecticut

Video is loading ...
Movie transcript with snapshot pictures 2 MARTY: Come on. Just imagine going back to natureJust imagine going back to nature. Back to your roots. Clean air, wide-open spaces! GLORIA: I hear there's wide-open spaces in ConnecticutI hear there's wide-open spaces in Connecticut. MARTY: Connecticut? MELMAN: You got to go over to Grand Central. Then you got to take the Metro-North train. North? MARTY: So one could take the train? Just hypothetically. ALEX: Come on. What would Connecticut have to offer us? MELMAN: Lyme disease. ALEX: Thank you, Melman. MARTY: No, I just want. ALEX: There's none of this in the wild. This is a highly refined type of food thing that you do not find in the wild. MARTY: You ever thought there might be more to life than steak, Alex? ALEX: He didn't mean that, baby. No, no, no. MARTY: Doesn't it bother you guys that you don't know anything about life outside this zooknow anything about life outside this zoo? GLORIA: Nuh-uh. MELMAN: Nope. ALEX: Well, I mean, come on. That's just one subject. You got a little schmutz right there on your. MARTY: Thanks, guys. Thanks for the party. It was great. Really. MELMAN: What's eating him? GLORIA: Maybe you should talk to him. Go over and give him a little pep talk. ALEX: Hey, I already gave him a snow globe. I can't top that. MELMAN: I can see where this is going. It is getting late. I guess I'm going to. GLORIA: Come on. He's your best friend. ALEX: All right, all right. Okay. GLORIA: Night, Marty. MARTY: Night, Glo. ALEX: What a day. I mean, I tell you, it just doesn't get any better than this, you know? It just did. Even the star's out. Not going to find a star like that in the wild. MARTY: Helicopter. ALEX: Marty. Buddy. Listen. Everybody has days when they think the grass might be greener somewhere elsethink the grass might be greener somewhere else. MARTY: Alex. Look at me. I'm ten years old. My life is half over. And I don't even know if I'm black with white stripes or white with black stripes. ALEX: Marty. I'm thinking of a song. MARTY: Alex. Please. Not now. ALEX: Oh, yes. It's a wonderful song. I think you're familiar with it. MARTY: Oh, no. Oh, no, you don't. No, no, no. I'm not listening. ALEX: Start spreadin' the news. MARTY: I don't know you. ALEX: I'm leaving today. We are a great big part of it. MARTY: He's funny. Who is that? ALEX: Come on. You know you know the words. Two little words. MARTY: New York. BOTH: New York ZOO ANIMAL: Shut up, shut up, shut up! Hey, I'm sleeping here! We're not all nocturnal, you know! MARTY: I'll knock your turnal right off, pal. HOWARD: Yeah, you and what army, stripes? ALEX: You mess with him, you mess with me, Howard. HOWARD: You're a bigmouth lion. ALEX: See? Mr Grumpy Stripes. We make a great teamWe make a great team, the two of us. MARTY: We sure do. No doubt about it. ALEX: So, what are you going to do? Go running off to the wild by yourself? MARTY: No. ALEX: Good. MARTY: You and me. Let's go. ALEX: What? MARTY: The wild. Come on. You and me together. It's a straight shot down Fifth Avenue to Grand Central. We'll grab a train, we'll head north. We can be back by morning. No one will ever know. ALEX: You're joking. Right? MARTY: Yeah. I'm joking. Of course I'm joking. Give me a break. Like we're going to get a train. ALEX: Don't do that. You really had me worried there. MARTY: Oh, well. I guess I'll hit the sack. ALEX: Yeah, me too. I'll need to rest my voice for tomorrow. It's Seniors' Day, you know. Have to roar extra loud. Give them a little jolt. You know? MARTY: Good night, AllyAl. ALEX: They forgot to turn off the ambience again. MARTY: Don't worry. It's cool. You know, I got it. ALEX: Much better. Come on, now, baby. My little filet. My little filet mignon with a little fat around the edges. I like that. I like a little fat on my steak. My sweet, juicy steak. You are a rare delicacy. MELMAN: Alex. Alex. Alex! ALEX: What? What? MELMAN: You suck your thumbYou suck your thumb? ALEX: What is it, Melman? MELMAN: You know how I have that bladder infection and I have to get up every two hours? I got up to pee and looked over at Marty's pen, which I usually don't do. I don't know why, but I did. And. ALEX: What? What's going on? MELMAN: It's Marty. He's gone. ALEX: Gone! What do you mean, gone? MELMAN: How long has he been working on this? Marty! Marty! GLORIA: He wouldn't fit down there. ALEX: Marty? Marty! Marty! GLORIA: This doesn't make any sense. Where would he go? ALEX: Connecticut! GLORIA: He wouldn't. MELMAN: Oh, no! What are we going to do? I mean, we got to call somebody! ALEX: Hello? Get me Missing AnimalsGet me Missing Animals. And hurry. We've got a lost zebra probably on the way to Connecticut, and we need. POLICEMAN: Hello? Hello? ALEX: Wait a second. We can't call the people. POLICEMAN: What the? ALEX: They'll be really mad. It'll get Marty transferred for good. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. GLORIA: I know that's right. ALEX: We got to go after him. MELMAN: Go after him? ALEX: He's not thinking straight. Let's stop him from making the biggest mistake of his lifestop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. He's probably out there lost and cold, confused. Poor little guy. GLORIA: Come on. MELMAN: One of us should wait here in case he comes back. GLORIA: Not now. This is an intervention. We all got to go. ALEX: What's the fastest way to Grand CentralWhat's the fastest way to Grand Central? MELMAN: You should take Lexington. GLORIA: Melman! MELMAN: Okay. We. We should take Lexington. ALEX: What about Park? MELMAN: No, Park goes two ways. You can't time the lights. MASON: I heard Tom Wolfe is speaking at Lincoln Centre. Well, of course we're going to throw poo at him. ALEX: We should've taken Park. You sure this is the fastest way to Grand Central Station? GLORIA: I don't know! That's what Melman said. MELMAN: Hey. Hey, you, guys. That room has some nifty little sinks you can wash up in, and look! Free mints! ALEX: This isn't a field trip. This is an urgent mission to save Marty from throwing his life away. Now, where's the train? MELMAN: Here it comes. GLORIA: What did Marty say to you? I asked you to talk to him. ALEX: I did! I did! I don't understand. He said: Let's go. I said: Are you crazy? He says: I'm ten years old. And he has black-and-white stripes, and so then we sang and. NOTE: To watch the pictures in high resolution, click on them

Watch songs from original soundtrack and other parts of movie
Watch I Like To Move It, Move It
I Like To Move It, Move It

Watch What A Wonderful World
What A Wonderful World

Madagascar (2005)
Madagascar (2005)
  2 spaces in Connecticut
2 spaces in Connecticut
  3 a zoo transfer
3 a zoo transfer
  4 out of this